ANNOUNCEMENT ON RSPO 14TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY (GA14)
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) will hold its 14th General Assembly (GA14) of members on:
Date: 30 November 2017 (Thursday)
Time: 3:00 PM (GMT+8)
Venue: Grand Hyatt Bali, Indonesia
RSPO Members are now invited to submit the following:
INFORMATION ON REGISTRATION OF ATTENDANCE OR E-VOTING FOR THE 14TH RSPO GENERAL ASSEMBLY (GA14)
- NOMINATIONS (INCLUDING SELF-NOMINATIONS) OF CANDIDATES FOR THE RSPO BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Nomination form can be downloaded at GA14 Nomination Form
The following positions in the Board of Governors are due for election:
RSPO Ordinary Members are hereby invited to nominate themselves or any other candidate for the upcoming election of the RSPO Board of Governors (BoG) for the seats stated above. Only RSPO Ordinary Members are eligible as candidates for the BoG position to represent their respective membership sector.
- Ordinary Membership – Sector: Growers
- MPOA is retiring and available for re-election.
- PT Agro Harapan Lestari is retiring and available for re-election.
- Ordinary Membership – Sector: Processors and/or Traders
- IOI Loders Croklaan (IOI Group) is retiring and is not available for re-election.
- Ordinary Membership – Sector: Consumer Goods Manufacturers
- Unilever is retiring and available for re-election.
- Ordinary Membership – Sector: Retailers
- Marks & Spencer is retiring and available for re-election.
- Ordinary Membership – Sector: Banks and Investors
- HSBC is retiring and available for re-election
- Ordinary Membership – Sector: Environmental NGOs
- World Resources Institute is retiring and available for re-election.
- Ordinary Membership – Sector: Social NGOs
- Oxfam Novib is retiring and available for re-election.
The BoG is responsible for the general management of the RPSO in collaboration with the RSPO Chief Executive Officer. The BoG will work together with the Secretariat staff to discuss the activities of the association and to guard quality and financial viability. Elected BoG members must prepare to dedicate required time and resources to the RSPO.
Nominations submitted must contain the following:
Please send your nominations to the RSPO Secretariat either by email (email@example.com) or fax (+603-2302 1542).
- Name of organisation, membership sector, membership number, name of nominee, position in the organisation and contact details.
- Nominee profile/bio data and company/organisation profile (maximum one A4 page)
All nominations must reach the RSPO Secretariat no later than 1700 hour (GMT+8), 6 October 2017 (Friday). Please note that a strict policy will be enforced and late nominations WILL NOT be entertained.
- RESOLUTIONS FOR THE CONSIDERATION AND ENDORSEMENT BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
This also calls for the submission of resolutions for consideration by the GA. In order for the GA to meaningfully deliberate and decide on resolutions, these submissions must meet with the requirements stipulated to facilitate proper consideration of resolutions within a fixed time frame.
Resolution form can be downloaded at GA14 Resolution Template
Resolutions must contain the following:
Guidance – the contents of the proposed resolution should not be in conflict with the RSPO Statutes 2015, Antitrust Principles, or require changes to the Principles and Criteria (P&C). Resolutions should be worded in a manner that allows for a clear 'For' or 'Against' vote and should not contain multiple options.
- Title of resolution and sponsor/proponent (i.e. RSPO Member)
- Summary or background of resolution (maximum one A4 page)
- Information and/or contact to obtain full details of resolution
Please send your resolution(s) to the RSPO Secretariat either by post, fax (+603 2302 1542) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). All submission of the resolutions must reach the RSPO Secretariat no later than 1700 hour (GMT+8), 6 October 2017 (Friday). Please note that a strict policy will be enforced and late submissions WILL NOT be entertained.
We encourage all Ordinary Members to register your attendance for GA14.
Online registration to attend GA14 and e-voting will open on 2 November 2017
. We would also like to take this opportunity to kindly remind you to settle any outstanding membership fees.
A formal Notice of General Assembly
along with the proxy form (for those who are unable to attend and are not registering for e-voting) will be sent to members of RSPO at least 21 days before the GA.
The draft minutes of GA13 may be viewed or downloaded at GA13 Draft Minutes
For further information, kindly contact the RSPO Secretariat at +603 2302 1500 or email us at email@example.com
Datuk Darrel Webber
Chief Executive Officer
Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil
15 September 2017